Child Custody Lawyers Peoria IL
It may be in your best interest to contact and hire child custody lawyers Peoria IL trusts if you are finding yourself in a difficult situation relating to child custody matters. Smith &Weer, P.C. are child custody lawyers Peoria IL provides who may help you with your custody issues. Our attorneys have helped protect the custody rights of many parents. We understand how sensitive and stressful these matters can be, and we also understand how hard it can be to select a lawyer you trust with such a sensitive issue. You probably have a lot of moving parts in your life if you are dealing with child custody issues, which is why we are here for you – to handle the legal process which can be quite complex and challenging for some cases. Call us at (309) 694-6700 for a free case review today. The Peoria child custody lawyers you want on your side can be found at Smith & Weer, P.C., so it may be in your best interest to contact us for a free consultation today.
Peoria IL child custody lawyers may help you navigate the often frustrating and emotionally draining path to gaining custody of your child. The legal team at Smith & Weer, P.C. understands how difficult it can be for parents to establish legal recognition of their rights. We want to be sure your rights are protected, and that each and every situation is handled with a customized level of care, as we understand that each situation is unique in nature and different from every other. Our lawyers take the time to listen to your situation and develop a plan that works for you and your family. We acknowledge the fact that you may have a good amount of questions along the way, which is why we make ourselves available to address any and all concerns you may have at during any phase of the legal process. When trying to choose among the many child custody lawyers Peoria IL offers, it may be helpful to ask them the following questions.
Questions to Ask When Selecting a Child Custody Lawyer
Before meeting with any child custody lawyers in Peoria IL, write down the questions you want to ask that may help you choose the right one to represent you. Before asking your questions, provide a brief overview of your child custody case, and explain the main points of contention between you and the child’s other parent. If you’re looking for child custody lawyers in Peoria IL, it may be in your best interest to contact Smith & Weer, P.C. today to speak with a lawyer and get your questions answered. Depending on your situation and your legal needs, there are a variety of different questions you can ask your lawyer during your free consultation. We usually recommend coming in with a prepared list, but also being flexible with how the conversation goes, as it could steer in a different direction than your foresaw, but a direction that could be highly beneficial to your case. Below are suggested questions that you may wish to ask lawyers you’re considering hiring.
- How long have you been a licensed attorney?
- How many child custody cases do you handle per year, on average?
- How many cases have you handled that were similar to mine?
- What was the outcome of those similar cases?
- How often do you use mediation to settle child custody cases?
- When you meet with child custody lawyers Peoria IL families hire in similar situations, you may want to ask questions along these lines:
- What is your assessment of my child custody case?
- What do you anticipate the outcome to be?
- What are the potential issues I might face in my child custody case?
- Might it be necessary to go to trial?
- How soon can I reasonably expect that my child custody issues can be settled?
- Do you think mediation is an option for my situation?
Management of Your Child Custody Case
It’s reasonable to request information that allows you to gauge the lawyer’s ability and availability to handle your case. The type of child custody lawyers Peoria IL residents should look for can be honest about their availability and the amount of time they feel your case requires and how that matches against their current workload. Some of our clients have come to us from other legal firms, and explained that they felt they were not heard, and their case was not given the attention they felt it deserved. At Smith & Weer, P.C., we take the time to assess your legal situation and the amount of time and care it requires, and we match it against our current caseload to determine if we can take it on and give it the attention it requires.
- Do you have the time and other necessary resources to handle my case?
- Will you or a junior attorney be responsible for my case?
- Who else within your firm may be working on my case?
- If you are not the primary attorney, may I meet with that person before I agree to hire your firm?
- How often can I receive progress reports from you about my case?
- Who is my day-to-day contact?
- What is the best method to communicate with my primary attorney at your firm? Email? Phone? Text message?
Legal Fees and Other Costs
- How much do you charge?
- Are there less experienced lawyers or paralegals at your firm who can handle some of my casework in order to lower my costs?
- When do I need to pay you?
- What other fees might I have to pay?
- Can you give me a written estimate of all fees and costs that I should expect to pay for the duration of my child custody case?
Ask the lawyer if there are any questions that you should have asked, or if there is additional information you should be aware of. The kind of child custody lawyers Peoria IL residents deserve should be available to answer any and all questions you may have. Our lawyers at Smith & Weer, P.C., are standing by to discuss your legal needs with you right now, and are happy to schedule a free consultation to answer your questions. A legal professional that can help with your child custody matters can be just a phone call away.
Making Your Decision
Consider all of the information you received in answer to your questions, but also consider whether or not the lawyer is somebody you want to work with. Some of the top child custody lawyers Peoria IL has to offer can be found at Smith & Weer, P.C., and it is highly advisable to find a child custody lawyer that you trust as your advocate throughout the entire legal process. Your child custody case may be the most important challenges of your life, and you want someone by your side you can communicate with well and trust, and you also want to be sure your lawyer is striving for the best possible outcome for you, your family, and your unique situation. There are many good child custody lawyers Peoria IL offers that could probably handle your case, but you want the one who is suited to your needs, and one that has a good amount of experience dealing with cases similar to yours, while also boasting a diverse portfolio of cases.
Call us today at Smith & Weer, P.C., for a free case review if you’re considering which child custody lawyers Peoria IL has that you want to hire, and to speak with the kind of child custody lawyers Peoria IL is proud to have representing its community.